Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Next Thing They'll Be Saying I'm a Member of a Shadowy Cabal

So that guy that I mentioned yesterday, the self-published author whose name I couldn't remember, yeah, he's named Wayne Herschel and I guess I've got him pissed.

He says on Dan Brown's Facebook wall (yes, that Dan Brown), and I quote:

WIKIPEDIA FRAUD W.HERSCHEL PAGE NOW READS JIBBERISH - DELETION IMMINENT

I am absolutely appauled with what is going on at wikipedia. the page is so manipulated it is now worthless. The whole carfully presented article with almost two pages of referenc...es has been reduced to one paragraph of jiberish saying I claimed findings on some other idiots work, (who was known to have generalised poor correlations long before the work of Bauval)... and say that I claim the grand meaning to be Stonehenge!

No reasoning no explanations, my two periodical references they asked to be place today have been removed by a mass attack of people on wikipedia.

Added to this... the discussion page has someone saying I only have 300 google hits to my name when there are many times that amount and they say I put most of them there! absolute madness.

I throw in the towel here because if i put it all correct ... the next day it will say I claim to have invented the wheel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Wayne_Herschel\


Previously, Herschel said:

If there are any wiki subscribers out there we need numbers... some have tried to help already but the manipulators there will not allow two important uploads complete the page to be an accep...table author page.

I have just been talking to Nirman... and he tried uploading my bio and periodical references as the wikipedia page requests and some malicious group is deleting them.

1)The two periodical references are on record here:
http://www.thehiddenrecords.com/press_release.htm

2)Biography text
http://www.wayneherschel.com

There is a full barage there of people (discussion page) manipulating the uploads that wiki are saying they need... any wiki members out there please can you intervene if possible. I am so tied up trying to save my book as well... I am not managing at all with this crazy stuff.

HERE IS THE CRAZY DISCUSSION PAGE... WHO CAN FIGURE A WAY TO FIX IT?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wayne_Herschel



Now here is what is so funny about this: this malicious group of manipulators is... well... me and like three other guys who frequent the Fringe Theory noticeboard. The malicious manipulations in question were just deleting references and clarifying statements drawn from Mr. Herschel's own bio material. I guess he's grumpy we didn't just copy it whole-cloth. I suppose nobody told Mr. Herschel that Wikipedia isn't prlog.org and nobody there is interested if he touts his silly mars-face book.

Anyway, I responded to these crazed complaints in the only reasonable way I could... I posted a link over here to my blog on my Wikipedia user page.

Anyway, as I try to contain my booming guffaws at Mr. Herschel's invective I think I'll change to some other, less frivolous subject.

I am a cyclist. Bicycling is environmentally friendly, promotes a healthy lifestyle and is mostly sufficient for the urban life I currently lead. I also live in a city where, as a cyclist, I am nearly run over once a week.

So it was with some shock and horror that I saw this story over at CBC.CA:

Former Ontario AG Bryant charged in cyclist's death


Now I'm not saying that the cyclist was necessarily entirely in the right, regardless of what happened, but if an angry guy on a bike is grabbing onto your car you call the police; you don't run over him with your car. There is absolutely no excuse for that.

Ok, now that I've dealt with frivolous Wikipedia tempest in a teapot and the most awful provincial level news I've heard all month one last thing:

Made Apple Flaske for dinner tonight. Recipe has a few innovations of my own and I wanted to share it.

Ingredients:

4 pieces cured pork backs rolled in corn meal (canadian bacon)
4 small apples.
1.5 red onions
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Salt
Black pepper
A tiny bit of water with 2.5 tsp of corn starch suspended in it.

Side dish was boiled potatoes in lemon dill butter

4 potatoes
1 sprig dill
Juice from 1/2 lemon
butter

So you cut everything and make up the lemon dill butter by blending the sprig of dill and the lemon juice together with about 2 tbsp of butter.

Sprinkle some lemon juice on the cut apples so they don't brown.

Then you start lightly frying the pork, adding spices to taste. When the pork is becomes light pink on both sides add the onion. When the onion begins to soften add the apples.

Drizzle on some maple syrup and toss the dish thoroughly

Add the corn starch water and cook until apples are thoroughly cooked.

Serve immediately.

For the potatoes boil until cooked and then toss with lemon dill butter. Serve immediately.

Well... that does my random musings in for the day. Until tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. Wow! There were a lot of spelling mistakes in the passage you quoted Herschel saying. If I were him, and wanted to be taken seriously, I might edit what I wrote before I demonstrated to all the world that I don't know how to spell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apple Flaske was absolutely fantastic. The colour was well-matched and the taste was just fabulous. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with your idea regarding the cyclist's death. At the same time, I think the government should seriously consider to add some bike paths while they're building or mending our roads. It's good for people's health, good for the environment and safer to operate, so why don't we do it?

    ReplyDelete