Sunday, September 6, 2009

After the Party

Yesterday we went to the first of two parties we have in the works for the Labour Day weekend. This one was a dinner party at my parents' house. A couple of very old friends came into town and we had Estofado de Cerdo (Cuban Pork Stew), drinks and conversation.

Today is, in theory, rest day for us before tomorrow when we are going to another party, the previously mentioned Mahjong and hot pot party with Mark and Jasmine. Of course we still have stuff to do so it's not going to be an entirely restful day.

Reading Simon R. Green's "Daemons are Forever". It's an entertaining enough book, though rather derivative. The primary antagonists of the novel are 'Loathy Ones' who look like, act like, and are occasionally referred to as Kandarian Demons.

One of these days I will get to Evil Dead: The Musical and I will have front-row seats. Just not any time soon as it has left Toronto and is unlikely to ever tour through London.

Hopefully I can get some more editing done today. I didn't get any work done yesterday, with preparation for the party and all, and it is unlikely I'll get much, if anything done on it tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Less of the "very old" if you please! How about, "family friends I have known my entire life"?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't mean "very old" in the elderly sense. I meant "very old" as in friends who have been my friends for a long time. :p

    ReplyDelete