Friday, September 25, 2009

Carlos Santana Update

One little tidbit I only found out after publishing my blog yesterday:

Carlos Sanatana has some history of involvement with cults.

Now, of course, he got out - broke off contact with Chinmoy but one can't help but noting the influence that Chinmoy's theology seems to retain on the theology of Architects of a New Dawn.

Again, nothing to conclusively state that Santana is trying to start a religion with him at the centre but, again, a somewhat disturbing indicator.

Moving on to other topics;

I'm at a bit of a loss for something to read. I finished with the Simon R. Green novel I was reading before a while ago and have been picking half-heartedly through Rob Roy ever since. Thing is that Rob Roy is more research read than it is read for pleasure and my usual light read authors, Stephen King, Steven Brust and Jim Butcher haven't produced anything new in a while that I haven't already read. Barring magazine releases this leaves me at a bit of a loss. I wonder if anybody in my readership would like to recommend a book to me. Leave me comments.

2 comments:

  1. I recommend reading Dan Brown, his newest publication 'The lost Symbol' is supposed to be a masterpiece. If you like conspiracy theories like me you will surely enjoy this thriller-mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantasy: Scott Lynch (the Gentleman Bastard Sequence...the first one called The Lies of Locke Lamora) and Joe Abercrombie (the First Law series) are both phenomenal.

    How about China Mieville? Kind of a weird story teller, but his imagination is the best in the business.

    ReplyDelete