Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Partying with Bryan

My good friend Bryan came into town last week and stopped by to visit with me and man, did I have an awesome time. The entire day was pretty much concentrated excellent.

We collaborated on an excellent dinner which Pam quite enjoyed when she got home.

Then Greg stopped by randomly with beer. Random free beer is always the best. When it's some trendy micro-brew from t-dot that's just bonus points.

Afterwards Bryan and I went out to the bars, Pam had to get up early tomorrow so she had to stay home (cry).

We went to Winks but, because of homecoming, we would have been looking at an hour long wait so we went to Scotts Corner instead. We met up with Chris and Chris and Becky at Scotts, had a beer and then went to the Wrecked Room.

I haven't been in the Wrecked Room in years and it was sort of weird being back. Anyway it was still the same old Wrecked Room, loud, dark, full of goths, full of cheap booze and full of drunk people I've known for a decade.

Things got a little bit drunk out.

But, alas, I am getting older, I was a total wreck on Sunday and accomplished almost nothing except for recovering from staying out getting drunk on Saturday.

Oh well, made up for it the last two days. Got my post-draft 1 edits inputted for the first four chapters and wrote another insert. Oh, and I have the prologue for Volume 2 (working title: Walking the Radiant Trail: The Great Desert) down.

Don't know if I mentioned this previously but the working title for my oft-mentioned book is Walking the Radiant Trail: The Civilized East - look for it on bookstore shelves...

in a few years...

I hope.

Currently reading We - one of the original classics of Sci Fi. Bryan recommended it and, well, I wasn't going to read that Dan Brown novel. :)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, could you please erase the above comment once you've taken down my email address:)

    ReplyDelete